This convenient filter can be used as an inline filter on a hydration pack, a pre-filter with the included faucet adapter, or using a simple gravity system. Check out the versatility of uses!
- Insert the filter inline into your existing hydration pack drink tube (sold separately), fill your reservoir with dirty water and simply drink away with trusted assurance of our PointONE filter
- Or, drink directly from a fresh water source by simply attaching a drinking tube (sold separately) to the filter then putting the filter in the dirty water
- Not sure about the quality of water on your international trip? Attached the Sawyer 3 Way filter to almost any faucet worldwide.
- The PointONE filter removes 99.99999% of all bacteria, such as salmonella, cholera and E.coli; removes 99.9999% of all protozoa, such as giardia and cryptosporidium
- All Sawyer water filters exceed Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommended removal rates
- Sawyer PointONE™ 0.10 Absolute Micron Inline Water Filter
- Faucet Adapter
- Hydration Pack Assembly Kit
- Cleaning and Maintenance Instructions
Does the Sawyer Filter remove taste, chemicals and heavy metals from water?
The Sawyer Filter removes taste that comes from bacteria, dirt and green matter. The Sawyer filter does NOT remove iron, sulfur, other chemicals, or simple compounds. Taste can be masked by using flavor additives like Gatorade or crystal light (filter needs to be cleaned immediately after using them). The Sawyer filters are not made with charcoal. While other portable filters have charcoal, they lack in amount of media and adequate dwell time. Therefore, they only remove small amounts of heavy metals, pesticides, etc. (when used in real life applications). Try using better sources of water, if possible.
I would like to purchase a Sawyer Filtration System, but how do I know which one I need?
If you are looking for a filter you will be using for yourself, the following products will be best for your needs.
The Sawyer Mini Water Filtration System is our newest and most popular filter. The Mini weighs just 2 ounces and filters up to 100,000 gallons! You can drink directly from the Mini, attach it to Sawyer Squeeze Pouches, use inline on a hydration pack, or attach it to the top of almost any bottled water? How about that for versatility? And like all Sawyer Filters; they are backflushable almost indefinitely. That means no expensive cartridges to replace, ever. (SP128, SP124)
The Sawyer Squeeze Filter – This is the simple, portable, lightweight system that won Backpacker Magazine’s Editor’s choice in 2012. The threaded filter is also very versatile and also comes with a Million Gallon Guarantee. It is perfect for backpackers who want clean water fast without adding much weight. (SP129, SP131)
All-in-One Filter – This versatile system is based off the popular SP131 – Sawyer Squeeze Filter. This system includes a screw on filter, a 32 oz pouch for portability, a faucet adapter to filter tap water, and everything you need all to use it as a bucket gravity filtration system. This is perfect for individual use, groups, and emergency preparedness kits. (SP181)
Personal Water Filtration Bottle – This is a simple bottle system that comes with a back-flushing syringe. Perfect for traveling to areas where you do not trust the water. (SP140, SP141, SP142)
2 Liter Gravity Filtration Systems – One of Sawyer’s time-tested favorites, the Sawyer 2 Liter water filter system will simplify your backcountry to-do list. Simply set it up, and let gravity do the dirty work. No tedious pumping, just set it up and gravity to the work for you. In the time it takes you to turn around and unload your pack, you’ll have clean, fresh water waiting. These systems are available in a single and dual bag setup. (SP161, SP162)